Hardihood is a shared, community-driven workspace for local-independent workers. It exists because of you and for you. As a member, you will not just be a customer of Hardihood; you’ll be an active part of what Hardihood is and does for you and for others.
Access to high-speed internet, use of conference room (as available) Free admission or a discounted rate to all Hardihood community events held in the space
Regular business hours are generally from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time on regular business days (all weekdays, except local bank/government holidays and up to three days of which we will inform you). We agree to notify you in advance of any other changes to hours or closures.
Payment Terms & Options
All members pay their monthly membership fees associated with their level of
membership. Payment will be made on an agreed upon day between Hardihood and
the member. This date will be based on the members start date. If a specific payment schedule has been agreed upon it will be outlined below.
There are no refunds of any fee or other amounts paid by you or your members in connection with our performance of this agreement, with the exception of the possible return of your Security Deposit. A Security Deposit in the amount of $ NA will be required at the time of signing this Agreement. Hardihood reserves the right to utilize the Security Deposit to off-set any late payments and/or costs incurred by you for damage caused to the premises. Any amount remaining from the Security Deposit at the end of term will be returned without interest within 14 days of termination.
All members will be a month to month lease unless otherwise specified. Member must give Hardihood a minimum of 30 day notice when terminating the membership agreement. The 30 day notice to start and end on the same day of the month the member’s payment is due.
Hardihood reserves the right to charge late fees and/or withhold Services if payments
are not received on time.
Hardihood also reserves the right to terminate this agreement at any time if member is not compliant with the rules and regulations of the space.
Hardihood Owner & Founder
4379 30th Street Suite 4, San Diego CA 92104
Is it OK to publish your likeness, name, company, position, and website on our member directory, website, and social media channels? Your personal contact information (phone, address, email) will be kept private.
___ Yes ___ No
Please read our TOU very carefully to understand your rights and protections, as well as ours. We hope to be able to simplify these terms in the future. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding this TOU.
- Acceptance of Terms.
Hardihood reserves the right to update the TOU at any time. Hardihood will attempt to contact you to notify you of any updates within 30 days of their enactment using the contact information provided in the Membership Agreement.
- Description of Services.
Hardihood may provide you with access to office space, work stations, Internet access, office equipment, conference space, knowledge resources, and other Services as Hardihood may provide from time to time (collectively, “Services”). The Services at all times are subject to the TOU.
Hardihood reserves the right to use the community space for events and gatherings before and after normal work hours (8am to 5pm Monday - Friday) and weekends.
- No Unlawful or Prohibited Use.
- As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Hardihood server, or the network(s) connected to any Hardihood server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, or accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Hardihood server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.
- You hereby represent and warrant that you have all requisite legal power and authority to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this TOU and no further authorization or approval is necessary. You further represent and warrant that your participation or use of the Services will not conflict with or result in any breach of any license, contract, agreement or other instrument or obligation to which you are a party.
- As a member of Hardihood you have access to the amenities made available by Hardihood, and as may change from time-to-time.
- As a member of Hardihood you are customer not an employee. Therefore, Hardihood is not liable for any sexual harassment claims in the office space. However, Hardihood will not condone this type of behavior and memberships could be terminated.
- Use of Services.
You agree that when participating in or using the Services, you will not:
- Use the Services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited message (commercial or otherwise);
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through Hardihood Services;
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same;
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another;
- Download any file(s) that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Services;
- Violate any code of conduct of other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Service
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without the authorization or consent of the disclosing party;
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations; and
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Hardihood reserves the right at all times to disclose any information about you, your participation in and use of the Services as Hardihood deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Hardihood’s sole discretion.
- You acknowledge and agree that during your participation in and use of the Services you may be exposed to Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” shall mean all information, in whole or in part, that is disclosed by Hardihood, or any participant or user of the Services or any employee, affiliate, or agent thereof, that is nonpublic, confidential or proprietary in nature. Confidential Information also includes, without limitation, information about business, sales, operations, know-how, trade secrets, technology, products, employees, customers, marketing plans, financial information, Services, business affairs, any knowledge gained through examination or observation of or access to the facilities, computer systems and/or books and records of Hardihood, any analyses, compilations, studies or other documents prepared by Hardihood or otherwise derived in any manner from the Confidential Information and any information that you are obligated to keep confidential or know or has reason to know should be treated as confidential.
- Your participation in and/or use of the Services obligates you to;
- Maintain all Confidential Information in strict confidence;
- Not to disclose Confidential Information to any third parties;
- Not to use the Confidential Information in anyway directly or indirectly detrimental to Hardihood, or any participant or user of the Services.
- All Confidential Information remains the sole and exclusive property of Hardihood or the respective disclosing party. You acknowledge and agree that nothing in this TOU or your participation or use of the Services will be construed as granting any rights to you, by license or otherwise, in or to any Confidential Information or any patent, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of Hardihood, or any participant or user of the Services.
- Participation In or Use of Services.
You acknowledge that you are participating in or using the Services at your own free will and decision. You acknowledge that Hardihood does not have any liability with respect to your access, participation in, use of the Services, or any loss of information resulting from such participation or use.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Hardihood provides the Services “as is” and with all faults, and hereby disclaim with respect to the Services all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) warranties, duties or conditions of or related to: merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, lack of viruses, accuracy or completeness of responses, results, workmanlike effort and lack of negligence. Also, there is no warranty, duty or condition of title, quiet enjoyment, quiet possession, correspondence to description or non-infringement. The entire risk as to the quality, or arising out of participation in or the use of the Services, remains with you.
- Exclusion of Incidental, Consequential and Certain Other Damages.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Hardihood or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly or individually be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for: loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty (including of good faith or of reasonable care), negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the participation in or inability to participate in or use of the Services, the provision of or failure to provide Services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this agreement, even in the event of the fault, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of contract or breach of warranty of Hardihood, and even if Hardihood has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
- Limitation of Liability and Remedies.
Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced above and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of Hardihood or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns under any provision of this TOU and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to actual damages incurred by you based on reasonable reliance up to ten dollars (USD $10.00). The foregoing limitations, exclusions and disclaimers (including sections 8 and 9 above) shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
Hardihood reserves the right to terminate any Service at any time. Hardihood further reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with the TOU. No refund of monies will be provided upon termination except the possibility of Security Deposit. All or portion of Security Deposit may be refunded in the case of termination.
You release, and hereby agree to indemnify, defend and save harmless Hardihood and Hardihood’s subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly and individually, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based upon or arising out of your negligent actions, errors and omissions, willful misconduct and fraud in connection with the participation in or use of the Services. You further agree in the event that you bring a claim or lawsuit in violation of this agreement, you shall be liable for any attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by Hardihood or its respective officers and agents in connection with the defense of such claim or lawsuit.
In the event that any provision or portion of this TOU is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions of this TOU shall be unaffected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Hardihood will carry General Liability insurance. As a user, it is strongly suggested that you carry a Renters Insurance policy to cover your own equipment while using our space. That policy may cover your current residence/office, as well as the premises of Hardihood.
If you’re renting a Private Office or the Bullpen (back space within Hardihood) you shall maintain general liability insurance including bodily injury and property damage insuring yourself and Hardihood with $1,000,000 minimum coverage as follows: __You’ll be responsible for providing an insurance accord from their insurance company naming Scott Strohman and Hardihood as additionally insured. The Certificate shall provide for a ten-day written notice to Hardihood in the event of cancellation or material change of coverage. To the maximum extent permitted by insurance policies which may be owned by Hardihood or yourself, yourself and Hardihood, for the benefit of each other, waive any and all rights of subrogation which might otherwise exist.